Monday, December 29, 2008
We had a few fabulous days in Pensacola. A very short trip but wouldn't have traded it for the world. I got to see my baby niece Taylolr for the first time. She is so stinkin adorable! 2 months old on Christmas Eve. We all fell in love and decided that we live entirely too far apart. Mom and Dad got us webcams for Christmas so we can all see Taylor when we can't actually be there.
Was fun to visit with cousins that I don't get to see much anymore...
75 days - wow....I know those will fly by....still seems like we have so much yet to do!! Time to get serious!!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
**UPDATE** Well - the closing went fine - but because it didn't start on time - by the time it finished - it was too late to wire transfer the funds for this days business....so they'll do it tomorrow and I have to wait until Monday for it to be in my account. Grr. Oh well - it is done. I met the lady who bought it. She seems nice. Kinda looked like Mary Lou Retton but taller. So I guess shopping will be postponed until next week. Nothing like last minute eh? Mom and I did go get our wedding invitations so that is 1 1/2 (the other half will come when I get the money) of the 3 checks.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
1. I rode through the rain! I'd - I'd ride through worse than that if I could just hear your voice telling me that I might, at least, have some chance to win you. (Mr Knightly (Jeremy Northam) to Emma (Gweneth Paltrow) in Emma)
2. The hardest thing is loving someone and then having the courage to let them love you back. (Nick (Dermot Mulroney in The Wedding Date))
3. Miss Stoeger, I would just like to say that physical education in this school is a disgrace. I mean, standing in line for forty minutes is hardly aerobically effective. I doubt I've worked off the calories in a stick of Carefree gum. (Cher (Alicia Silverstone) in Clueless)
4. Francisco! That's fun to say! Francisco... Frannncisco... Franciscooo... (Buddy (Will Ferrell) in Elf)
5. I used to think a wedding was a simple affair. Boy and girl meet, they fall in love, he buys a ring, she buys a dress, they say I do. I was wrong. That's getting married. A wedding is an entirely different proposition. (George Banks (Steve Martin) in Father of the Bride)
6. Ted Nugent called, he wants his shirt back. (Danny (George Clooney) to Rusty (Brad Pitt) in Ocean's Eleven)
7. Oh, no, we're not asking you to lose weight. That would be illegal. We just want you to be healthy, by eating less. So go home, weigh yourself on a scale, write than down. Then subtract 20 from that numbr. And weigh that. Yeah. (Jill (Kristin Wiig) to Alison (Katherine Heigl) in Knocked Up)
8. Look, I'm sorry, I'm not up on all this jive talkin', home boy lingo, what's that supposed to mean? "There's a spider on your head"? (Nick (Tim Robbins) to 'T' (Martin Lawrence) in Nothing to Lose)
9. Every man dies, not every man really lives. (William Wallace (Mel Gibson) in Braveheart)
10. Is it this? Is this what you see? I assure you it is human. But if that's all you see, then you don't see me. You can't see me. (Justin McLeod (Mel Gibson) in Man Without a Face)
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
1. Fresh Tree or Fake Tree
Fresh is ideal - but for now fake works just fine - plus it is pre-lit!!
2. Favorite Ornament
I have several ornaments from my grandparents. Each year they would give us one and attach a little note to it that says something to the effect of "hang this on the tree every year and remember us" Because they are gone - those ornaments are the most special ones.
3. Favorite Christmas Song
O Holy Night by Josh Groban and It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
4. Favorite Tradition
Visiting extended family - I LOVE big family Christmases!!
5. Favorite Gift Ever Received
I love the necklaces that I received last year from Johnny and my mom!
6. Favorite Christmas Meal
Turkey, dressing, hashed brown casserole, broccoli casserole, rolls, and pie.
7. Favorite Christmas Cookie
Krispies - special k/peanut butter with a chocolate/butterscotch topping...mmmm
8. Favorite Place To Be
Wherever my family is....
9. Favorite Memory
When we would to to Pensacola for Christmas - Christmas Eve all the grandkids would gather with Grandma and Grandpa to get our ornament for the year. Sometimes they would tell stories - but it was a very special time for all of our extended family to have fun being together.
When we would go to Kansas City for Christmas - we would all get bundled up and go to church service on Christmas Eve and then go look at the Christmas lights on the Plaza. Grandma would get so excited to see all the lights.
When I was 3 I used to recite the night before christmas - I could "read" it - I had it memorized what words went on what page - so it looked like I was reading :)
10. Favorite Christmas Movie
Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, While You Were Sleeping (the family scenes always make my family giggle because it's so us.
Friday, December 12, 2008
I have the worst luck with cell phones - especially Motorola cell phones. When I went to bed last night - I had 2 battery cells. When I woke up this morning - it was dead. It wouldn't respond to the car charger. It wouldn't respond to the wall charger. I took the battery out.....put the battery back in. Nothing. I knew this one was having some issues - a couple of the buttons had fallen off - but it still worked and it was going to last until after next week. What bad timing is it to not have a cell phone when it is a week away from the closing on my house!! Grr - This is the 2nd Motorola Q I've had since the initial contract. The last one just died as well. I think it's time to go back to LG or Samsung. They make good phones. I loved my LG - sigh - this is ridiculous.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
They had the appraisal today. Pray that the results are good and that the price doesn't have to change!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
This weekend went by really fast. John had to work Friday night, which I didn't know until last minute - so I spent a quiet evening home alone relaxing. Saturday we went through some stuff at my storage unit. I found a couple more things I am going to try to sell on eBay and found 3 or 4 boxes that will either be for the combined yard sale with my parents and me or for donation. I know there are more to go through. The only stuff that will be going with us onto the next juncture in life will be stuff that has a purpose.
The apartment we are going to move into is almost as big as my condo, which will be nice. I'm getting excited. 6 more days!! I believe we can go look at it tomorrow. It's going to be a crazy weekend. Friday I imagine we will be getting some stuff together at the house...renting the UHaul on Saturday morning. John has choir practice until noon on Saturday. After that we will begin to load all the boxes and furniture into the uhaul and drive it to Irving. Everything is pretty much packed except for the decorative stuff we left out for staging. We still have John's apt through the end of January so we have that luxury of taking our time to get things loaded from there. That's good - because we always get sidetracked when we start talking about getting his house packed up.
I think I am going to try my hand at re-finishing John's end tables and coffee table to try to make some of the wear and tear a little more palatable for a while. :) We will be able to fit most of our furniture in the new apt. The only furniture that won't go is furniture that we agree we will not use again. Ultimately we will probably replace all but 2 or 3 pieces - but that will be over the long haul. We'll get a slip cover for the couch and make that a little more up to date looking. Best of all - I think there will be a place for everything. Yes we will be using the 2nd bedroom for storage boxes - but I don't think it will have to be a cluttered storage - at least that is my vision for it! :)
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
First name: Jennifer
Middle Name: Lynne
Last Name: Harrington (Harrington family crest); Soon to be Morris
Favorite Pastime: home decorating
Nickname: Jenny (only to John - Jen to everyone else)
Something on my wishlist
Dream Vacation: Ireland
Occupation: Human Resources
Favorite Holiday: Thanksgiving and Christmas
Favorite Snack: fruit
(LOL someday I'll join the fruit of the month club haha ;-))
Favorite Color:Aggie Maroon
Favorite food: Salsa - mmmm me too - love me some Mexican food!!
I tag all of my readers - Go! :)