Monday, January 26, 2009

Spinning in Circles


What a whirlwind of a weekend!!

We took Friday evening off - which perhaps we shouldn't have - but John won that one. We went to dinner and then to see Paul Blart: Mall Cop. It was funny - kind of in an I Love Lucy way where sometimes you want to just step in and stop the humiliation - but it was an enjoyable movie.

Saturday, I had my dress fitting. The lady doing the alterations kind of looks like Whoopi Goldberg. She is a trip. I was about to do some major flipping out though because she got 2 drops of blood on my dress from opening the box that my dress came in with a razor blade. Luckily she had a solvent that took it all out - can't even tell that it was there. Lucky!! I love my dress. Wish I looked different in the dress - but nonetheless - here we are and that's what we have to work with. I have to make a trip over to the Maddox shop this week to get some wedding unmentionables customized for the dress. Can you believe that the alterations were almost as much as the dress??! Yikes!! I'm so glad I got flip flops for the reception. The pretty heels I bought to wear for the wedding really are just for the pictures. After standing in them for about 30 minutes while we decided what to do with my dress my feet were about to revolt. I can see it now. I'll be up at the altar supposed to be thinking about this wonderful man who is about to become my husband and all I will be able to focus on is when I can get out of these heels.

After the fitting it was time to get serious. We spent the rest of the day packing up stuff at Johns. We went over Sunday before church and Sunday after church to work on it some more.
We put linoleum on the floor on top of the carpet in the cats' room - to make for easier cleanup with the little terrors. That linoleom was quite the pain. Yes - that is why it is not supposed to be set on top of carpet - I realize this. I wish I had a video camera to capture my parents, John and me trying to keep this silly covering against the walls. My wish is to have the new apt settled by the wedding so we don't have to come home and deal with all this moving clutter. Once it is all in one apt - we can work on getting it a little more organized. We both have donated and purged so much stuff. Why were we keeping it????

I'm hoping that we can possibly be ready to move into a house by our first anniversary if not soon after. No, I can't fathom packing and moving AGAIN but hopefully that time would be for at least the next 5-10 years if not longer. They are building a new subdivision right behind the airport. I would love to be able to move into a new house. How awesome would that be?? Waiting and hoping and wishing and praying.....

No comments: